Create multiple locations and assign them to a commercial property, general liability, or other risk stored in BindHQ.
Last Updated: January 2020
Read this article to learn how to add locations and coverages to Applications for commercial property, general liability, or other risks.
This capability is useful when working with a large schedule of locations for commercial property risks.
There are three parts to this articles
- Adding Multiple Locations to Applications
- Adding Multiple Locations to Coverages
- Adding Multiple Locations to General Liability
Adding Multiple Locations to an Application
- Create or navigate to an Application and select the Locations tab.
- Click the arrow to the left of Location 1 to expand the location details.
From here, you can update/validate the address or add a sub-location description (for example, a garage) for an area that needs to be covered by the policy.
- Below the Location 1 details, click Add Location.
The Location 2 section displays.
- Fill in all address details for Location 2.
Note: BindHQ offers autofill suggestions based on validated addresses. If the correct address displays in the list, click it to auto-complete the section.
- (Optional) If the address is entered manually, click Check Address to validate it, and select the Valid address if it is correct.
- (Optional) Enter any sub-locations and descriptions related to Location 2.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to add more locations as needed.
Add Multiple Locations to Coverages
Add Multiple Locations to a Commercial Property
- After all locations are added, select the Commercial Property tab.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Location to expand the section and use the Please select location drop-down to select Location 1.
The commercial property details for the location display.
- Fill in the commercial property details as needed.
- After adding locations to the Commercial Property tab, scroll to the Class Ratings section and click Add Property Class Rating.
- In the Class Code field, enter a valid class code.
Note: BindHQ offers autofill suggestions as text is entered. Select your class code from this list.
- Click Add Coverage to expand the coverage subsection and choose the coverage associated with the risk.
- Use the Coverage drop-down to select a coverage option and fill in the Limit field.
- (Optional) Fill in the other fields in the subsection as needed.
- To add underwriting details for more locations, click Add Property Underwriting and repeat steps 1-8.
- After all locations, class ratings, and coverages are added, click Save & Exit to return to the application details or Create Quote to generate a quote for the application.
Add Multiple Locations to a General Liability
- After all locations are added, select the General Liability tab.
- At the top of the page, click Add Classification to expand the Classification section.
- Click into the Location field and select a location from the list.
- In the Class Code field, enter a valid class code. BindHQ offers autofill suggestions as text is entered.
- Select the Premium Basis and enter the Exposure.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for any remaining locations.
- After all locations and classifications are added, click Save & Exit to return to the application details or Create Quote to generate a quote for the application.