New Surplus Lines Tax Authorities can be added from the Administration tab on the Side Navigation bar
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how to add new Tax Authorities from the Administration tab on the Side Navigation bar
- E&S taxes are based on a percentage of premium on any E&S policy.
- BindHQ's internal taxation engine calculates relevant taxation based on the specific rates for each state in the US.
- It allows Users to enter the premium per line of business, any standard surplus lines fees (Policy fees, Carrier fees, Inspection Fees etc), and returns the appropriate surplus lines tax or stamping fee.
- Taxation Rates are updated quarterly by BindHQ staff
- During installation, the BindHQ implementation team configures the list of tax authorities based on the states in which the customer transacts
Adding a New Tax Authority
- Administrators can add New Tax Authorities from the Administration tab on the Side Navigation bar.
- Navigate to Tax & Coverages
- Navigate to New Tax Authority
Fill in details