How Administrators can add new Users and configure their role, rights and permissions in the system.
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how Administrators can add new Users in BindHQ and configure their role, rights and permissions within the system
There are three parts to this article
Adding a User
Before creating new users in BindHQ:
- Navigate to Administration and ensure the General Settings tab is selected along the top of the page.
- From the Users & Teams section, click Browse, view, & edit users. This option is only available to system administrators.
The Users page opens and displays all system users.
- In the top right corner of the page, click New User.
The Creating a User page displays.
- Enter the user details and assign the user role and permissions. See below for more details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Create User.
Enter User Details
- Fill in the First Name, Last Name, and Email fields. After they are created in the system, users can update their name as needed.
- (Optional) Check the Exclude from production reports? Or Hide from company directory? checkboxes to limit where users display in the system.
- In the Divisions field, ensure that BindHQ is automatically added. If you’re a Division Administrator, add any additional divisions the user should have access to.
- Fill in the Producer field if a producer handles accounts on a user’s behalf and fill in the Date Started field with the user’s employment start date if applicable.
Assign User Roles and Permissions
- On the right, use the Role drop-down to select a User role.
- (Optional) Click Set Default Features to auto-select the default permissions associated with the role.
- In the Features section, use the checkboxes to assign individual user permissions.