Each Role within BindHQ has default rights and permissions associated with it - Administrators can override these default settings for any given User to grant or restrict rights and permissions within the platform
Last Updated: January 2021
This article explains how Administrators can amend the rights and permissions of Users across different parts of BindHQ
|Set Additional Permissions|
|Assign Individual Permissions|
Set Additional Permissions
- Navigate to the Administration tab and ensure General Settings is selected along the top of the page.
- On the left, select Users & Teams, then click Browse, view & edit users.
The Users page displays all Users configured for your BindHQ environment.
- Click a User’s name to open their user record.
- Use the Features section to assign any individual permissions needed.
- After all permissions have been set, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
Assign Individual Permissions
The Features section contains a full list of individual permissions you can grant Users.
- Edit Carrier Templates - Create, edit, or delete quote templates.
- This lets Users add commonly used language, commission percentages, and coverages to quote templates to facilitate efficient, accurate quoting.
- Edit Agencies / Agents - Add agencies and agents or update agency details.
- Edit Carriers / Contacts - Add carriers and carrier contacts or update carrier details.
- Edit Carrier Contacts - Add or update carrier contacts (but not carriers).
- Edit Marketing Companies - Add, update, or remove marketing companies.
- Edit Endorsements - Amend policies and endorsements after they have been bound or issued (for example, to fix an incorrect premium value).
- Custom Data Export - Also known as “data dumps”, this feature lets Users access the Custom Data Export tab from Reports to generate custom data sets as a CSV.
- Accounting - Grant limited, read-only access to the Accounting tab.
- This feature does not allow users to perform any accounting actions. Use the features below to grant access to perform accounting actions.
Note: Users without this feature can still view a policy’s Accounting tab.
- Check Printing - Print checks on the organization’s behalf.
- Edit Banks/Accounts - Create or update banks and bank accounts.
- Manage GL Accounts - Create or update GL accounts.
- Edit Suppliers - Create, update, or delete suppliers (also known as vendors).
- Create Journals - Create journal entries.
- Override Check Payee - Override the default check payee (typically for financed policies).
- Post to Policies - Post transactions directly to policies.
- Bank Reconciliations - Perform bank reconciliations on the organization’s behalf.
- Create/Edit Posting Periods - Create or update posting periods (typically only assigned to senior managers and finance staff).
- ACH Batches - Create or update ACH batches.
- Edit Payments - Modify existing payments in the system to reapply which transactions a payment should be applied to. This feature does not impact the general ledger.
- Forecasts - Add forecasts in BindHQ (typically for sales and CSR’s with targets).
- Business Plan Reviewer - View forecast data entered by underwriters or brokers (typically for business owners or business unit leaders). Users with this feature can view, update, and prevent other users from editing forecast data.
- Social Pinning - Pin social posts to the top of the organization’s feed (typically to highlight company news).
- Agency Transfer - Transfer a book of business from one agency to another.
- Production Reports - Pin custom production report to the Dashboard. This feature lets users see metrics for all employees in BindHQ.
- Policy Pack - Access finalized policy documents on binding. This feature is only applicable for specific insurance products.
- Legacy Application View - View the system’s legacy interface. This feature changes the user interface, which may impact the way users see data as well as what data they can see.