Each Role within BindHQ has default rights and permissions associated with it - Administrators can override these default settings for any given User to grant or restrict rights and permissions within the platform
Last Updated: January 2021
This article explains how Administrators can amend the rights and permissions of Users across different parts of BindHQ
|Set Additional Permissions|
|Assign Individual Permissions|
Set Additional Permissions
- Navigate to the Administration tab and ensure General Settings is selected along the top of the page.
- On the left, select Users & Teams, then click Browse, view & edit users.
The Users page displays all Users configured for your BindHQ environment.
- Click a User’s name to open their user record.
- Use the Features section to assign any individual permissions needed.
- After all permissions have been set, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
Assign Individual Permissions
The Features section contains a full list of individual permissions you can grant Users.
- Edit Carrier Templates - Create, edit, or delete quote templates.
- This lets Users add commonly used language, commission percentages, and coverages to quote templates to facilitate efficient, accurate quoting.
- Edit Agencies / Agents - Add agencies and agents or update agency details.
- Edit Carriers / Contacts - Add carriers and carrier contacts or update carrier details.
- Edit Carrier Contacts - Add or update carrier contacts (but not carriers).
- Edit Marketing Companies - Add, update, or remove marketing companies.
- Edit Endorsements - Amend policies and endorsements after they have been bound or issued (for example, to fix an incorrect premium value).
- Accounting - Grant limited, read-only access to the Accounting tab.
- This feature does not allow users to perform any accounting actions. Use the features below to grant access to perform accounting actions.
Note: Users without this feature can still view a policy’s Accounting tab.
- Check Printing - Print checks on the organization’s behalf.
- Edit Banks/Accounts - Create or update banks and bank accounts.
- Manage GL Accounts - Create or update GL accounts.
- Edit Suppliers - Create, update, or delete suppliers (also known as vendors).
- Create Journals - Create journal entries.
- Override Check Payee - Override the default check payee (typically for financed policies).
- Post to Policies - Post transactions directly to policies.
- Bank Reconciliations - Perform bank reconciliations on the organization’s behalf.
- Create/Edit Posting Periods - Create or update posting periods (typically only assigned to senior managers and finance staff).
- ACH Batches - Create or update ACH batches.
- Edit Payments - Modify existing payments in the system to reapply which transactions a payment should be applied to. This feature does not impact the general ledger.