Binding a Quote from the Quotes tab of an Application
Last Updated: January 2021
This article explains how to bind a Quote and 'close the sale' from the Quotes tab of an Application
In BindHQ, there are two prerequisites for binding a quote:
- An Application must exist in the system (see Creating an Application)
- A Quote related to the Application must exist (see Creating a Quote)
To bind a quote:
- Navigate to an Application and select the Quotes tab.
- From the Action drop-down on the right, click Bind.
- On the Risk Information tab, review or update the risk information, then click Continue.
- On the Locations tab, review or update the locations the coverage applies to, then click Continue.
- On the Classifications tab, review or update the exposures and limits, then click Continue.
Note: This tab name is dynamic based on the coverage selected.
- On the Forms tab, review or add forms if applicable, then click Continue.
- On the Quote Summary tab, review the quote details and make any final changes, then click Bind on the bottom right.
- Assign a unique policy number (if relevant) and fill in additional details as needed (for example, diligent effort responses and carriers/contacts).
Note: Policy numbers may be auto-assigned if policy blocks are configured for the program. If the policy number is auto-assigned, it cannot be edited.
- Click Send to Bind.
- Review the policy details.
- Click Bind Application to finish or Cancel Back To Quotes to make changes.
After clicking Bind Application, a Bind was successful message displays and you can click the link provided to view the policy.
- BindHQ automatically generates the Binder and Invoice.
- (Optional) Complete all policy checklist items.