Add a new named insured or update the details of an existing Insured
- Producers [/Underwriters]
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how to add or update the details of an Insured in BindHQ
There are two parts to this article
Creating a New Insured
New insureds are initially associated with Applications.
Note Once the insured is saved, they are stored in the system even if the Application is not complete.
- Navigate to Applications and click New Application on the right.
The New Application page opens.
- In the Insured field, enter the insured’s name to confirm it’s a new insured.
- If the name displays in a drop-down list below the field, the insured is already in BindHQ.
- If the name does not display, the insured is not yet in the system.
- Click New Insured.
The Create New Insured page opens.
- Fill in the insured’s details. The Name, Insured Type, and Mailing Address fields are required. The other fields are optional or can be filled in later if needed.
- Click Save.
The Insured Clearing page displays any insureds with similar information to ensure you do not duplicate an insured.
- Confirm that the insured is not already in BindHQ, then click I’m Sure, Create a New Insured.
The insured is saved. By default, the system brings you back to the application details. If you do not want to create a new application, navigate away from the application.
Editing an Insured
- Add or update details for an existing named insured.
- The insured’s details are accessible through the associated policy.
- You can choose one or more active policies to automatically apply the changes to.
- An endorsement is auto-generated for the selected policies to reflect that insured changes have been processed.
Follow this process:
- Navigate to the policy and select the Overview tab.
- From the Insured section, click View Insured on the right.
The Edit Insured page opens.
- Edit the insured’s details as needed.
- In the Affected Policies section, view Policies That Have Pending Endorsements. These policies are ineligible for an endorsement record of the insured changes because they have prior endorsements that are not yet issued.
- In the Policies That Can Be Auto-Endorsed section, select the policies that should have an endorsement auto-generated to show the insured changes.
- Click Save.
The changes are applied to all active policies, and any policies that were selected for auto-endorsement show an endorsement record of the changes made. Policies that were not selected for auto-endorsement will not show this endorsement.
- BindHQ’s search engine allows you to search for the updated insured details.