Policy amendments are made by creating endorsements from the 'Endorsements' tab in the relevant Policy section
Last Updated: January 2021
This article explains how to create Endorsements from the Endorsements tab in a Policy
- Endorsements let you amend or cancel policies
- You can only add one endorsement at a time; an endorsement must be issued before you can create a new one.
- BindHQ supports non-sequential endorsements in case you need to issue endorsements in a non-chronological order (based on the Effective Date).
- If this creates a conflict in the system, you may need to invalidate an endorsement and then re-add it.
Creating an Endorsement
- Navigate to a Policy and select the Endorsements tab.
- On the left, click Add Endorsement.
Note: Endorsement 0 is auto-generated when the Policy is bound within the platform, but it is not 'issued'. Before creating a new endorsement, you must ensure that you 'issue' the policy Endorsement.
The Endorsement pop-up opens.
- Fill in the fields to populate the endorsement document, then click Continue to Editor.
Note: The Description text is pulled into the endorsement document.
- Review the Policy details on each tab of the editor and make updates as needed for the Endorsement.
Note: For return premiums, use a negative sign (-) when entering the Premium and any related taxes or fees.
- After finalizing the endorsement details, click Save Endorsement on the bottom right.