Accounting & Administrators can create and view bills through the Accounts Payable section in the Accounting tab of the Side Navigation Bar
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how Accounting can create and view bills through the Accounts Payable section in the Accounting tab of the Side Navigation Bar
There are two sections to this article
Creating a New Bill
- Navigate to Accounts Payable and click Create a new bill.
- From the New tab, fill in the bill details:
- Division: Use the drop-down to select a division, if applicable.
- Payee (Required): Use the drop-down to select a payee (this can be an agency, insured, or marketing company).
- AP Account (Required): Use the drop-down to select the Accounts Payable account.
- Policy: Use the drop-down to select the policy being billed.
- Posted At: Ensure the posted date is correct or click Pick and use the calendar to select the correct date.
- Due At (Required): Click Pick and use the calendar to select the bill’s due date.
- Reference: Enter an internal reference ID to search the bill by.
- Memo: Enter any internal notes related to the bill.
- Below the bill details, select the Items or Expenses tabs to add items or expenses, then click Add.
- To add an item, use the Item drop-down to select an item (for example, state tax), then fill in the Amount.
To add an expense, use the Account drop-down to select an expense account, then fill in the Amount and enter an internal memo for the expense, if applicable.
- After all details, items, and expenses are added, click Submit Bill.
- The Bill Detail page opens and displays the bill’s details and summary. Below the bill details, users can toggle between the Line Items, Applies, GL Impact, and Audit tabs.
- In the top right corner, click the Actions drop-down to Record Receipt or Make New Payment.
- Navigate to Accounts Payable and click Browse & view bills.
- The Bills page opens and displays all bills, including bill totals, amount paid, and any amount outstanding.
- The bill list is interactive, and users can click the Reference, Customer, Policy, or Insured hyperlinks to navigate to those pages.
- Users can also click the ellipsis icon on the far right of a line item to View Bill or Pay Bill.
- Reference opens the Bill Detail page, where users can view the bill summary and line item details. Users can also toggle between the Line Items, Applies, GL Impact, and Audit tabs. In the top right corner, users can click the Actions drop-down to make a payment or record a receipt.
- Customer opens the customer’s BindHQ profile page in an editable format.
- Policy opens the policy details.
- Insured opens the Insured Details in an editable format, which lets users make any changes needed to the insured’s information.
- To filter the bill list, click Add Filters in the top right and apply any filters needed. Users can filter by division, payee, open bills, or transaction date.