Accounting can create and view Bill Credits through the Accounts Payable section in the Accounting tab of the Side Navigation Bar
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how Accounting can create and view bill credits through the Accounts Payable section in the Accounting tab of the Side Navigation Bar
There are two sections to this article
Creating a new Bill Credit
- Navigate to Accounts Payable and click Create a new Bill Credit.
- Division: Use the drop-down to select a division, if applicable.
- Payee (Required): Use the drop-down to select a payee.
- AP Account (Required): Use the drop-down to select the Accounts Payable account.
- Policy: Use the drop-down to select the policy being billed.
- Posted At: Ensure the posted date is correct or click Pick and use the calendar to select the correct date.
- Due At (Required): Click Pick and use the calendar to select the bill’s due date.
- Reference: Enter an internal reference ID to search the bill by. This ID displays in the Bill Credit Detail.
- Memo: Enter any internal notes related to the bill.From the New tab, fill in the bill credit details:
- Below the bill details, select the Items or Expenses tabs to add items or expenses, then click Add.
- To add an item, use the Item drop-down to select an item (for example, state tax), then fill in the Amount.
- To add an expense, use the Account drop-down to select an expense account, then fill in the Amount and enter an internal memo for the expense, if applicable.
- After all details, items, and expenses are added, click Submit Bill Credit.
The Bill Credit Detail page opens and displays the credit’s details and summary. Below the bill details, users can toggle between the Line Items, Applies, GL Impact, and Audit tabs.
- In the top right corner, click the Actions drop-down to Record Receipt or Make New Payment.
Viewing Bill Credits
- Navigate to Accounts Payable and click Browse & view bill credits.
- The Bill-Credits page opens and displays all bill credits.
The credit list is interactive, and users can click the Reference, Customer, Policy, or Insured hyperlinks to navigate to those pages.
- Reference opens the Bill Credit Details page, where users can view the credit summary and line item details.
- Customer opens the customer’s BindHQ profile page in an editable format.
- Policy opens the policy details.
- Insured opens the Insured Details in an editable format, which lets users make any changes needed to the insured’s information.
To filter the bill list, click Add Filters in the top right and apply any filters needed. Users can filter by division, payee, open bills, or transaction date.