Invoice line items such as Premiums, Taxes & Fees can be edited when creating Quotes, Binders & Endorsements.
- Producers [/ Underwriters]
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how to edit invoice line items such as Premiums, Taxes & Fees when creating Quotes, Binders & Endorsements.
- When creating a Quote, Binder, or Endorsement, you can add premiums, taxes, and fees.
- Tax rates are automatically calculated based on the premium and tax state but can be manually overridden if needed.
- Check the checkbox to override automatic tax calculation. The grayed out line items become editable.
- On a Quote, navigate to the Quote Summary tab to view the Fees and Taxes section
- On an Endorsement, navigate to the Invoice tab
- Manually Calculate Taxes - Check the checkbox to override automatic tax calculation. The grayed out line items become editable.
- Line Item - Use the drop-downs to select the charge type (premium, tax, or fee) and the line of business. Enter any comments related to the charge and fill in the line item amount.
Note: If these values were previously entered on the Coverage page, they will be grayed out in the Premium section, and can only be edited from the Coverage page.
- Delete a line item - Click the X icon to delete a line item. To delete an automatically calculated line item, you must first check the Manually Calculate Taxes checkbox.
- Add button - Click Add to add another line item to the premium section.
- Invoice summary - These details break down your line item totals by premium, fees, taxes, and total.
After saving a binder or endorsement, navigate to the Documents tab to view the Invoice.