How users can compose, send and save emails from within BindHQ
- All users
Last Updated: January 2021
Emailing Email is a static feature in BindHQ that allows users to search, compose, or store messages.
BindHQ can integrate with your company's email system to offer flexibility with your email preferences. Search, compose, or store emails in your company's system or directly in BindHQ.
Search or Compose an Email from the Dashboard
Search your email’s inbox and outbox directly within BindHQ, or compose an email from BindHQ. To avoid lag, the system does not automatically display your full inbox, so you must search for an email to see inbox results.
Search for an Email
- Identify the Envelope icon on top right corner of any page in BindHQ and click It to open the Email pane.
The email options open to the Compose tab by default. Select the Search tab to search for emails from your email account.
- Enter a keyword into the search bar to search for a message. Use the Inbox, Sent Mail, or Attachments options to filter by message type.
Compose an Email
You can compose an email from any page in BindHQ. Users typically compose emails from the Policies or Applications pages so the emails are associated with an account. When an email is sent from Policies or Applications, it is stored on the Documents tab under All Files and Correspondence.
- Click the user options drop-down in the top right corner of any page in BindHQ and select Email.
- Select the Compose tab.
- Fill in the Recipient field.
- Use the Select a template drop-down to select an existing email template if applicable (for example, Application Confirmation). Templates are configurable for applications and policies.
Note: This feature is unavailable from the Home Dashboard.
- If you select a template, the Subject and Message fields auto-populate but can be manually edited.
If you do not select a template, fill in the Subject and Message fields.
- (Optional) Click Add Attachments and upload any relevant attachments. You can always upload an attachment from your computer. If you compose an email from the Policies or Applications tab, you also have the option to choose a document in BindHQ that is associated with the account.
Our team has integrated with both the Gmail and Microsoft Office365 API in BindHQ. Users can send messages with attachments, search their inbox in the email sidebar, and import messages from the sidebar to the application/policy history.
- Click Send Message.
Save an Email on a Policy or Application
Users can save emails on the Policies or Applications tabs so the messages and any related attachments are associated with an account.
- Navigate to a policy or application.
- Search for an email.
- On the right, double-click the email and select the Actions drop-down or use the directional icon to drag the email onto the Policies or Applications page.
- The attachment options display. From the Applications page, you can Attach to Application or Attach to History. From the Policies page, you can Attach to History.
Store Emails Using BCC
BindHQ lets users store important emails that may not be automatically saved in the system by following two steps:
- BCC their bindhq.com email address. This address is configured in your BindHQ user settings, which is accessible to users with administrator rights.
- Reference an existing BindHQ account (an application or policy) in the email’s subject line, preceded by a hashtag (#).
This feature works with any email tool, so whether you’re saving an email directly within BindHQ or using Gmail, Outlook, or another system, your messages will be saved in BindHQ.
- Open your email tool. If you’re emailing within BindHQ, select the user options menu in the top right corner of any page in the system, and click Email.
- Compose a new email.
- In the To field, enter the primary email address the email is going to, and bcc your bindhq.com email address.
- In the subject line, reference an existing BindHQ account using a hashtag (#). You can use the clipboard icon above the policy or application number to copy the number with the appropriate formatting.
- In the body of the email, enter your message.
- Click Send. The message is automatically stored under the History tab.