Learn how to find, upload, and delete documents in BindHQ through the Documents tab in each account
- All Users
Watch our training video or read this article to learn how to manage documents in BindHQ.
There are three sections to this article
- Navigating the Documents tab
- Viewing System Generated Documents
- Uploading a Document
- Deleting a Document
There are two document types in BindHQ:
- System-Generated - Documents that are automatically created in the system and are housed in specific areas to pull the most current data each time they are generated (for example, quotes, binders, and invoices).
- Manually Uploaded - Documents associated with a policy, application, or other entity that are manually uploaded and stored in the system.
Navigating the Documents Tab
- Open an Application, Policy, Carrier, or Agency page to view all items associated with that account
- The Documents tab houses all documents (system-generated and manually uploaded) related to the account.
The Documents tab is split into three panes:
By default, all documents associated with the account display. You can use the tabs on the left to select a specific document type (for example, Application) to view.
The middle pane displays all documents associated with the selected section in reverse chronological order. Use the checkboxes to select one or more documents, then click With These Files… and select an option:
- Delete them - The system removes the document(s) from the Documents tab, but note that for auditing purposes, documents are never truly deleted (they are simply removed from visibility).
- Email them to me - The system emails the document(s) to you.
- Send them to market (Application)/Send them to the carrier (Policy) - The system sends the document(s) to each market or carrier separately, then opens a conversation on the Conversations tab and creates a system-generated task.
On the right, you can click the icons to download a document, edit a document’s name, folder, and tags, delete a document, or drag the document to a folder on the left to store it there.
- At the bottom, click Upload or drag and drop a document to upload it to the Documents tab.
To edit a document, click Edit Files in the upper right corner of the pane. For more details on how you can use the edit feature, see our article on PDF Editing.
- Select Filter to filter the documents by name or by tag(s).
- Tags also help you manage required documents; any required documents have red tags that turn green when the document is received.
- Select Required Documents to view any required documents.
Viewing System-Generated Documents
See the View a Quote section of the Creating a Quote article for an example of a system-generated quote. The quote templates are managed by a system administrator, but premiums, terms, conditions, and exclusions are editable.
Binders and Invoices
- Navigate to a policy’s Documents tab to view the binder, surplus line documents, invoices, and endorsements, all of which are system-generated.
- To view a specific document, click the document’s name or click the download icon on the right to download it.
Uploading a Document
From the Documents Tab
Manually upload a document associated with an application or policy.
- Navigate to a policy or an application and select the Documents tab.
- At the bottom of the page, use the Upload | Drop Here button to upload or drag and drop a document.
The Add File pop-up opens.
- Update the File Name if needed, use the Folder drop-down to select a folder to store the document in if applicable, and add any related tags.
- Click Add.
The document is stored on the Documents tab.
From the History Tab
Manually upload a document associated with a History activity for a policy or application.
- Navigate to a policy or an application and select the History tab.
- Click Add Item to add a new history activity.
The Create history pop-up opens.
- Add the title of the activity and enter any related notes.
- In the File field, click Choose File and upload a document associated with the history activity.
- Use the Folder drop-down to select a folder to store the document in if applicable, and add any related tags.
- Click Submit.
The history item is added to the History tab with a hyperlink to view the uploaded document, and the document is also added to the Documents tab.
Deleting a Document
For auditing purposes, deleted documents are never truly removed from the system, but they are removed from visibility.
From the Documents tab
Delete One Document
- Navigate to an account’s Documents tab.
- To the far right of the document being deleted, click the trash can icon.
The Confirm File Deletion pop-up opens.
Click Yes I’m Sure, Delete the File.
The file is removed from visibility.
Delete Multiple Documents
- Navigate to an account’s Documents tab.
- Use the checkboxes to the left of the document names to select multiple documents for deletion.
- In the bottom right corner, click With These Files…, then select Delete Them.
The Confirm Multiple Files Deletion pop-up opens.
Click Yes I’m Sure, Delete the Files.
The files are removed from visibility.
From the History tab
- Navigate to an account’s History tab.
- On the left of the document being deleted, hover over the icon and click X.
The document is grayed out and will no longer be visible when the page is refreshed. To undo the deletion and reactivate the document, hover over the icon and click the check mark.