Endorsements can be edited, deleted, issued and invalidated
Last Updated: January 2021
This article explains how to edit, delete, issue & invalidate an Endorsement
- After an endorsement is created, the editor closes and the endorsement displays a Pending status.
- Endorsements can be edited or deleted before they are issued.
- To edit or delete an endorsement after it has been issued, you must invalidate it.
Issuing an Endorsement
- Click Issue to the right of the endorsement to issue it and automatically generate documents for the endorsement, invoice, and taxes.
- An Issue this endorsement? (cannot be undone) confirmation pop-up displays. Click OK.
- The endorsement is issued, and PDF copies of the endorsement and corresponding invoice are auto-generated under the Documents tab.
Editing an Endorsement
- Click Edit to the right of the endorsement.
The Endorsement pop-up opens.
- Click Continue to Editor and make changes as needed.
- Click Preview to see a preview of the endorsement, then click Save Endorsement.
Deleting an Endorsement
- Click Delete to the right of the endorsement.
- A Delete this Endorsement? (cannot be undone) confirmation pop-up displays. Click OK.
- The endorsement is deleted.
Invalidating an Endorsement
If an endorsement is issued in error or is no longer valid, you can invalidate it. You may also need to invalidate and re-add an endorsement if there is a conflict with the effective date (when issuing endorsements non-sequentially).
- Click Invalidate to the right of the endorsement.
- An Invalidate this Endorsement? (cannot be undone) confirmation pop-up displays. Click OK.
The endorsement displays an Invalidated status, and the associated invoice is reversed if applicable.