Learn how to access and review existing applications in BindHQ.
- All Users
Last Updated: January 2021
Watch our training video or read through this article to learn how to find and navigate Applications.
There are five sections to this article
- Locating an Application
- Using Filters
- Application Preview
- Viewing Applications
- Navigating the Applications tab
Locating an Application
There are three ways to locate an application:
- Recently visited Applications
Along the top of any page in BindHQ, click into the search bar. Your recently visited applications display automatically, and you can select an application from the list.
- Search Bar
On the right side of the search bar, use the drop-down to select Applications, then enter a keyword (for example, an insured name). Click the insured name to view a preview of the Application or click the application number to navigate to the full Application.
- Sidebar Navigation
Click the Applications tab in the side navigation bar to see a list of applications. By default, the My Applications tab opens and displays only the applications you created. Select the All Applications tab to view all applications.
- From the Applications tab, you can use filters to narrow your results (for example, by quoted applications).
- Click Add Filters on the right and select one or more filters, then click Apply Filters.
- To remove a filter, click the X icon to the right of the filter.
From the Applications tab or search bar results, hover over the color-coded status indicator to the left of an application and click the plus icon (+) to expand a preview of the application.
- Contact details for the Producer, Agent, Carrier, and Market
- Application status (for example, Quoted)
- Most recently quoted premium
Previews are interactive; you can select any hyperlinked contact details to navigate to the contact’s page or contact them directly via phone or email. On the right, click Favorite to favorite the application or View Quotes to navigate to the full application details.
Click the minus icon (-) on the left to collapse the preview.
Viewing Application Details
- From the Applications tab or search bar results, click an application number to navigate to the full application.
- The Overview section displays along the top of the page.
- By default, the section is collapsed; click the down arrow to expand the full summary details.
The Overview section is divided into three panes:
Application Detail Summary
In the left pane, you can see the application detail summary, including:
- Application number: The number assigned to the Application.
- Status: The status of the Application (for example, Quoted or Bound).
- Received: The date the Application was received in BindHQ.
- Renewal Of: The policy number associated with the renewal application. This field only displays on renewal applications.
- Assigned to: The Producer assigned to the Application. Click Assign Users to change or add Producers.
- In the middle pane, you can view and manage the Binding Checklist, which is a configurable list of binding tasks.
- Select the status indicator to the right of a checklist item to mark it Complete, Not Applicable, or Incomplete, depending on the item’s current status.
- On the top right, click View History to view the Checklist History for complete and not-applicable tasks.
Application Status Summary
- In the right pane, you can view the application status summary, including any system-generated tasks.
Navigating the Application Tabs
Below the Overview section, the Application’s details are broken down by tabs.
- The Details tab displays basic information, exposures, and limits.
- If any information needs to be updated, click Edit Application on the right.
- To close the application from this tab, click the More Options drop-down on the right and select Close Application.
- The Quotes tab displays a list of any quotes associated with the application.
- To review or update a quote, click the quote title.
- To view a quote, use the Select to View drop-down to select Quote. A preview of the quote opens in another browser tab.
- The Documents tab stores any documents related to the application.
- These can be system-generated (for example, binders and invoices) or manually stored documents.
- Use the options to the right of a document to download, edit, delete, or change its order on the list.
Note: Documents are never truly deleted from BindHQ; deleted files no longer display on the tab, but they are still stored in the background.
- To manually add a document to the Documents tab, drag and drop a file or click Upload to upload a file.
- In the Add File pop-up, ensure the File Name is correct, use the Folder drop-down to select which document folder the file is associated with, and use the Tags field to select the applicable tag(s) for the file (for example, Application, Affidavit, or Email).
- Tags are configurable in BindHQ.
- Use the checkboxes on the left to select one or more documents to delete, email to yourself, or submit to markets.
- The Conversations tab stores any internal and external communications and notes that are not saved by default somewhere else in the system (for example, the Documents tab).
- To create a note or store a new conversation, click New Conversation on the left and fill in the conversation details.
- You can add attachments and tags to conversations, and you can select Add User on the right to add or change the user associated with the conversation.
Note: Conversations cannot be deleted after they are created.
- To filter conversations, use the drop-down below New Conversation to select a filter.
- To close a conversation, click Close Conversation in the top right corner of the tab.
- The History tab automatically captures activity related to the application.
- This includes when the application is created, uploaded documents, outgoing emails sent from BindHQ, tasks, and any conversations created on the Conversations tab.
- Use the Filter History By: pane on the right to filter the history results. To manually add a history item, click Add Item at the top of the tab and fill in the details.
- To mark a history item inactive, hover over the status indicator to the left of the history item and click the X icon.
- The Notes tab lets users keep a running list of high-level items that are unique to the account.
- Use the text editor to add notes, then click Save Notes. To clear all notes associated with the application, click Clear.
- After a note is added to the application, a red indicator dot displays indefinitely on the tab.
- The Administration tab lets users close and reopen the application.