Accounting can make payments in BindHQ by accessing the Make a New Payment page
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how Accounting can Make a New Payment in BindHQ.
This article has two sections
Accessing the New Payment page
There are several ways Accounting can access the Make a New Payment page:
From the Quick Add menu
- Administrators can record receipts from the Quick Add menu.
- Along the top of any page in BindHQ, use the Quick Add drop-down to select Make a new payment.
The Pay Bills page opens to the Make Payment tab.
From a Policy’s Accounting tab
- Navigate to a policy and select the Accounting tab.
- On an open payable line item, check the Status checkbox.
- In the bottom right corner, click Make Payment.
- The Pay Bills page opens to the Payment Details tab. The customer, transaction, and payment amount are auto-selected.
From Accounts Payable
- Administrators can make payments from the Accounting tab.
- Navigate to Accounts Payable and click Make a New Payment.
- The Pay Bills page opens to the Make Payment tab.
Filling in Payment Details
Complete all the steps below when making a payment from the Quick Add menu or Accounts Payable.
When making a payment from a policy’s Accounting tab, the Pay Bills page opens to the Payment Details tab, where the customer is auto-filled and the transaction is auto-selected. Users only need to complete steps 6 and 8 below.
- (Required) In the Select a customer section, use the drop-down to search for and select a customer.
- (Optional) In the Set default filters section, use the Select a policy drop-down to select the policy, then use the Select an insured drop-down to select the insured.
- (Optional) In the Date Range section, click Pick and use the calendar to select the From and To transaction dates.
- Click Start New Payment.
The Pay Bills page opens to the Payment Details tab and displays all receivable and payable transactions that match the criteria set in steps 1-3. Payable items are indicated with parentheses. The Customer field is no longer editable.
- (Optional) To filter the transaction list, click Add Filters in the top right and apply any filters needed. Users can filter by transaction or effective dates, policy, insured, and payment type.
- Fill in the payment details:
- Customer: The customer is auto-populated based on users’ selection in step 1.
- Payee: Use the drop-down to search for and select the entity receiving payment.
- Bank Account (Required): Use the drop-down to select the bank account payment is coming from.
- Memo: Enter any internal notes related to the payment.
- Payment Method: Use the drop-down to select the payment method (ACH or Web).
- Posted At: Ensure the posting date is correct or click Pick and use the calendar to select the correct date.
- Print check? (Required): Use the radio buttons to select Yes or No for check printing.
- Reference: Enter an internal reference ID that users can search the payment by.
- From the transaction list at the bottom of the page, select the transaction(s) to make a payment on by checking the checkbox to the left of the transaction(s).
The Amount to Pay field auto-populates based on the Amount field.
From the transaction list at the bottom of the page, select the transaction(s) to make a payment on by checking the checkbox to the left of the transaction(s).
Click Make Payment.The payment is processed and the View Payment page opens, showing the payment details and summary. By default, the Applies details display along the bottom of the page. Users can select GL Impact to view the general ledger details.
- In the top right, click the More Actions drop-down to select Print Check, New Payment, or Download CSV.
- Click the Documents drop-down to select Check Remittance, which opens the payment remittance details in a downloadable PDF.
- Click Void Payment to void the payment.