Creating a Reinstatement Endorsement allows Users to reinstate policies that were previously cancelled
- Producers [/ Underwriters]
Last Updated: January 2021
This article explains how to create Reinstatement Endorsements to reinstate policies that were previously cancelled
Note: Policies can only be reinstated if a cancellation endorsement was previously issued.
Creating a Reinstatement Endorsement
- Navigate to the cancelled policy and select the Endorsements tab.
- On the left, click Reinstate Policy.
Note: This button is only available after the Cancellation Endorsement is issued.
The Endorsement pop-up opens.
- Fill in the fields to populate the endorsement document. The Endorsement Type is set to Reinstatement by default.
Note: The text from the Description field is pulled into the endorsement document.
- Click Continue to Editor.
The Policy Reinstatement page opens. This page lets you set any premiums required to reinstate the Policy.
- Click Add on the right to create a new line item and fill in the line item details. When you add a premium, the taxes and fees are automatically calculated based on the tax state.
- After all policy reinstatement line items are added, click Save Endorsement on the bottom right.
- Edit, delete, or issue the Reinstatement Endorsement.
After the Endorsement is issued, the Policy’s status is updated to Issued and the Endorsement document is auto-generated under the Documents tab.