Administrators can assign User roles with default permissions and grant additional permissions to individual users.
- All Users
Last Updated: September 2020
This article explains how BindHQ divides its Users into different categories with varying permissions and rights based on their job functionality.
Each role has default permissions to ensure Users can only view and manage aspects of the system related to their job, but Administrators can grant additional permissions to individual Users depending on their needs.
There are three parts to this article
Administrators can use these roles to configure Users
- Assistant - Assign to sales support or policy support employees.
- Producer - Assign to salespeople, underwriters, and brokers.
- Issuance - Assign to back-office staff responsible for policy processing and policy number administration. Issuance users cannot add themselves as producers to any transaction or record in the system.
- Compliance - Assign to users responsible for surplus lines tax reporting and tax entity management.
- Manager - Assign to managers who are not sales-focused.
- Administrator - Assign to users responsible for maintaining the BindHQ environment. This role grants all user permissions, but Administrator users cannot add themselves as producers to any transaction or record in the system.
Users can also manage their profile and contact preferences from the Administration tab by selecting User Settings or Advanced Settings.
- Each role is equipped with optional default permissions that restrict access to the system based on the needs of the role.
- To enable default permissions, administrators must add a new User or select an existing User and use the Role drop-down to choose a role.
- After choosing a role, the Set Default Features button displays, and administrators can click to automatically enable the role’s default permissions.
- Administrators can review the default permissions below the Features section and use the checkboxes to edit or customize permissions for individual users.
- The Administrator and Producer roles have the Edit Endorsements feature, which lets them edit existing endorsements and invoices.
- The Issuance and Compliance roles do not grant any default permissions.
- The Manager role has the Edit Carriers/Contacts, Edit Carrier Contacts, Edit Marketing Companies, Business Plan Reviewer, and Social Pinning features.
- The Administrator role has full permissions.
The user options menu varies slightly depending on account. All accounts include these user options:
- View Tasks
- Browse Map
- Company Directory
All roles except the Assistant role also have the Business Plans option.
In addition to all the above, accounts with an attached email inbox will also have the Email option.