Create and manage tasks in BindHQ.
- All users
Last Updated: October 2020
This article explains how to use the tasking function within BindHQ to organize your workflow.
- Tasks can be manually added and assigned to yourself or others, or they can be system-generated (like when a quote is bound).
- You can add follow-up dates and notes to tasks to ensure they are completed on time.
- A completed task is marked by a green checkmark.
View the Open Task List
There are two ways to view manually added tasks in BindHQ:
From the Dashboard
- Navigate to the dashboard and scroll down to Tasks.
Any pending tasks display.
- Click View All Tasks to see all open tasks.
From the User Options
- In the top right corner of any page in BindHQ, identify the icon with the checklist.
- Click Checklist icon to see all open tasks.
Your task list is interactive; you can click an insured name in the For column to navigate to the insured’s application.
Note: If no tasks display in the task list, click Add Filters in the top right to check the default filter settings.
- Navigate to the open task list.
- In the top right corner, click Add Filters.
- Set your task filters:
- Assignee: Use the drop-down to select a user or team.
- Type: Use the drop-down to select the task type (for example, Audit, Claims, or Renewal).
- Sort By: Use the drop-down to select Due Date (Most Urgent First) or Due Date (Least Urgent First).Set your task filters:
- Status: Use the drop-down to select All, Complete, or Incomplete tasks.
- Click Apply Filters.
- Any tasks matching your filter criteria display.
- To the right of an incomplete task, you can click
To the right of an incomplete task, you can click Edit to update the task details or mark it as complete.
- To the right of a completed task, you can click View to view the task details. Completed tasks are indicated by a green checkmark on the left.
View System-Generated Tasks
System-generated tasks are created when a policy is generated, and display below a policy’s status. These tasks are configurable by BindHQ. By default, only the Issue Policy task is configured for system generation.
- Navigate to a policy.
- Below the policy status, click the incomplete tasks link if applicable. A No pending tasks message displays if there are no incomplete tasks.
- The system-generated task displays.
Click Edit to the right to update the task or mark it complete.
- To update the task, change the Assignee, Due Date, or Notes, then click Update.
To mark the task complete, click Policy Issued.
Add a Task
Manually add a task through the Quick Add menu.
From the Quick Add Menu
From the Policies or Applications pages, you can use the Quick Add menu to add a task. This option is unavailable from other pages because tasks must be associated with an account.
- Navigate to a policy or an application.
- Along the top of the page, select the Quick Add drop-down.
- Click Add Task.
- Fill in the task details.
- Click Create Task.
Mark a Task Complete
Mark your own tasks complete or mark a colleague's tasks complete (for example, if you assisted on the task).
- Navigate to a task.
- To mark your own task complete, click Complete Task.
To mark a colleague’s task complete, check the Complete? checkbox, then click Update Task.
Edit a Task
- Navigate to a task.
- Click Edit to the right of the task.
The View Task pop-up opens.
- Make any changes needed.
- Click Update Task.